The Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO) will offer a one-hour webinar entitled “PTAB Discretion: Exploring the New Metes and Boundaries” on May 23, 2019 from 2:00 to 3:00 pm (ET). Orion Armon of Cooley LLP, Kirby Lee of Ecolab, and Vice Chief Judge Scott Weidenfeller of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Patent Trial and Appeal Board will explore the scope and impact of recent important PTAB precedential opinions, as well as the decisions that have been designated “informative.” Topics to be addressed by the panel will include:
• Now binding cases regarding follow-on petitions, where the same patent is challenged multiple times by the same petitioner or by a series of petitioners
• PTAB discretion regarding first-filed petitions
• Same party issue joinder and real-party-in-interest issues as articulated in Proppant Express Investments, LLC v. Oren Techs., LLC
• PTAB discretion to deny institution
• Details on Revised Standard Operating Procedure 2 (“SOP2”) changes to procedures
The registration fee for the webinar is $135 (government and academic rates are available upon request). Those interested in registering for the webinar can do so here.
Source: Ipo Search Results