We all need change in our lives from time to time to shake things up and approach our work and careers with a refreshed enthusiasm. But some people aren’t looking to just improve themselves–some need completely new beginnings and instead seek to reinvent themselves entirely.
The good news is that you can always attain a future that is different from your present. Here are 17 motivating quotes that will help you seek out and attain major changes for yourself and your life.
1. “It’s never too late to be what you might have been.” — George Elliot
2. “You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be.” — Marianne Williamson
3. “Just as established products and brands need updating to stay alive and vibrant, you periodically need to refresh or reinvent yourself.” — Mireille Guiliano
4. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” — Lao Tzu
5. “The reinvention of daily life means marching off the edge of our maps.” — Bob Black
6. “Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” — Simone de Beauvoir
7. “So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservation, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future.” — Jon Krakauer
8. “People who cannot invent and reinvent themselves must be content with borrowed postures, secondhand ideas, fitting in instead of standing out.” — Warren Bennis
9. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” — George Bernard Shaw
10. “I thought, I need to reinvent myself. I want every day of life to be wonderful, fascinating, interesting, creative. And what am I gonna do to make that happen?” — Karen Allen
11. “If you are not where you want to be, do not quit, instead reinvent yourself and change your habits.” — Eric Thomas
12. “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” — R. Buckminster Fuller
13. “If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise. The way to activate the seeds of your creation is by making choices about the results you want to create.” — Robert Fritz
14. “There’s nothing more addictive or incredible in life than reinventing yourself and allow yourself to be different every day.” — Thalia
15. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” — Guy Finley
16. “Wherever you are is the entry point.” — Kabir
17. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” — Michael Altshuler
Published on: Jan 25, 2020
The opinions expressed here by Inc.com columnists are their own, not those of Inc.com.