Thoothukudi (Tamil Nadu) [India], July 2 (ANI): Four people lost their lives after entering a sewage tank to clean it in a house located in Secarakudy area of the Thoothukudi district on Thursday.
According to Superintendent of Police, SP Jayakumar the four people died probably due to the poisonous gases they inhaled after entering the tank.
Two people, employed by the house owner, had first entered the tank for cleaning but when they did not come out for long, two more people had entered the tank.
After being informed about the incident, Sekarakudy police and Pudukkottai fire departments have started an inquiry into the matter.
Subsequently, SP Jayakumar also inspected the site and urther investigation is underway. (ANI)
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors’ and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house. Unless otherwise noted, the author is writing in his/her personal capacity. They are not intended and should not be thought to represent official ideas, attitudes, or policies of any agency or institution.