Kolwezi, DRC – The sun sets on one of the open pit copper mines at Mutanda Mining Sarl on July 6, 2016 in Kolwezi, DRC.Per-Anders Pettersson/Getty ImagesCountries rich in natural resources have become increasingly protectionist over the past year as Covid-19 threatened their economies, a new study has shown.A report published Thursday by risk consultancy Verisk Maplecroft indicated that over the course of 2020, 34 countries had seen a “significant increase” in resource nationalism, with the pandemic exacerbating an existing trend toward government intervention.Verisk Maplecroft determined that 18 of the 34 countries are dependent on the minerals or hydrocarbons they export, and …
Accelerate growth with 1BusinessWorld's Global Business Profile
Sign up for free or use coupon code 1BW50 for 50% discount on your subscriptionSign up now
- The Great Skills Gap: Optimizing Talent for the Future of Work – Edited by Jason Wingard and Christine Farrugia (4/1/2021) - An extraordinary confluence of forces stemming from automation and digital technologies is transforming both the… Read more...
- Make Time for “Me Time” (4/1/2021) - We’re all busy. Whether it’s responsibilities at home or at work, many of us focus… Read more...
- Customer-Centricity Doesn’t Need a New Model. It Needs a New Mindset. – SPONSOR CONTENT FROM ROCHE (4/1/2021) - The business mantra you hear more than ever these days is customer-centricity, the philosophy of… Read more...
- Phishing Tests Are Necessary. But They Don’t Need to Be Evil. (4/1/2021) - Although phishing tests can be helpful to protect users, using questionable tactics has the potential… Read more...
- How to Appeal to Customer Emotional Drives to Add Value (4/1/2021) - As a logical and data-driven business advisor, I have long focused on facts, technology, and… Read more...
Thomas Blum will moderate a very insightful session on energy tech solutions on Tuesday, April 27, at the 20th Wall Street Green Summit.
#energy #renewableenergy #cleanenergy #solarenergy #renewables #innovation #climatechange #sustainablefinance
AgTech, Regenerative Economy & Energy Tech | Day 2 | 2021 WSGS | 1BusinessWorld
AgTech, Regenerative Economy & Energy Tech | Day 2 | 2021 Wall Street Green Summit
David Manning will be moderating a great session on technology for climate change solutions on Friday, April 30th, at the 2021 20th Anniversary Wall Street Green Summit
#climatechange # #sustainability #cleanenergy #renewables #sustainableinvesting
Tech for Climate Change, AI & Sustainability | Day 5 | 2021 WSGS | 1BusinessWorld
Tech for Climate Change, AI & Sustainability | Day 5 | 2021 Wall Street Green Summit