Posted on

The Federal Government Subsidizes Abortions. Will That Last?


In the United States, you can get a tax deduction for your abortion if your overall health care expenses are high enough. That didn’t change with the Supreme Court’s ruling last week.If you work for a nongovernmental employer that provides health insurance that covers abortion, the federal government helps there, too. That hasn’t changed.If you’re privileged enough to have a good benefits package through your job, you can use an employer-sponsored flexible spending account to set aside money that can pay for an abortion and related travel expenses, and you don’t have to pay federal income taxes on the money you put into the account.That didn’t change with the ruling last week, either, which means federal employees, includin …

Read More