We look far ahead to see and shape the future of mobility. Our goal is to continuously find better ways to bridge distances and bring people together. Across cities, countries and the globe. This is our passion.
As the world’s leading manufacturer of both planes and trains, we’ve built an extensive and diverse portfolio of winning mobility solutions. Everywhere people travel by land and in the air, a Bombardier product is ready to transport them. From category-defining business jets and commercial aircraft designed for the challenges of today, to sleek high speed trains and public transit that’s smarter than ever.
With over 68,000 employees across four business segments, Bombardier is a global leader in the transportation industry, creating innovative and game-changing planes and trains. Our products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy efficiency, reliability and safety.
Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Bombardier has production and engineering sites in 28 countries across the segments of Transportation, Business Aircraft, Commercial Aircraft and Aerostructures and Engineering Services. Bombardier shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD). In the fiscal year ended December 31, 2018, Bombardier posted revenues of $16.2 billion US. The company is recognized on the 2019 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World Index.
With more than 26,900 employees and a leadership position in global markets, Bombardier Aviation designs, manufactures and supports innovative aviation products for the business, commercial and specialized aircraft markets. With this comprehensive aircraft portfolio, we hold the number one position in business and regional aircraft. Our high-performance aircraft and services set the standard of excellence in several markets, including:
- Business aircraft – Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft families
- Regional aircraft – CRJ Series
- Aerostructures & Engineering Services – aircraft structures, component repair and other services
- Specialized aircraft solutions – Bombardier aircraft modified for special missions
- Aircraft services and training – aircraft parts, maintenance, training, technical support and publications, and online services
With 63 production and engineering sites in 27 countries, Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Our installed base of rolling stock exceeds 100,000 rail cars and locomotives worldwide. Our 40,650 employees continue a proud tradition of delivering ingenious rail transportation solutions, including:
- Urban (metros, trams and light rail vehicles, commuter trains, automated people mover, monorails, e-mobility),
- Mainline (high-speed trains, locomotives, regional and intercity trains),
- Equipment (equipment for urban vehicles, equipment for mainline vehicles),
- Signalling and infrastructure (mass transit signalling , communications-based train control (CBTC), european rail traffic management system (ERMTS), industrial and mining signalling, rail control services solutions, mainline signalling)