Complaints regarding content posted on the 1BusinessWorld website
1BusinessWorld values the intellectual property rights of others and strives to provide a platform that is free from content violating those rights. Our User Agreement mandates that information shared by Members be true, legal, and non-infringing upon the rights of third parties. To uphold these values, 1BusinessWorld has implemented a system for addressing complaints about content submitted by our Members. Our policy and procedures are outlined and/or referenced in the subsequent sections.
Please be aware that regardless of whether we restrict access to or remove content, 1BusinessWorld may in good faith attempt to forward the written complaint, including the complainant’s contact details, to the Member responsible for the content. We may also take reasonable steps to notify the Member that we have received a notice alleging a violation of intellectual property rights or other content infractions. In addition, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, we may disable and/or terminate the accounts of Members, or groups thereof, who infringe or habitually infringe the rights of others or post illegal content.
Please be advised that any notice or counter-notice you provide must be truthful and submitted under penalty of perjury. Providing a false notice or counter-notice may result in personal liability. It may be in your interest to consult with legal counsel before submitting any such notices.
Claims regarding copyright infringement
Notice of Copyright Infringement:
In alignment with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512), 1BusinessWorld has set procedures for receiving written notification of alleged infringements. We also have an appointed agent to receive notices of claimed copyright violations. If you believe in good faith that your copyright has been infringed upon, please provide a written communication which includes:
- A digital or physical signature of the authorized representative of the copyright owner;
- A detailed description of the copyrighted work you believe has been infringed upon;
- A description specifying the location on our website of the material you claim is infringing;
- Your email address, postal address, and/or phone number;
- A statement by you affirming a good faith belief that the disputed use is unauthorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or have authorization to act on the owner’s behalf.
Please send your notice through mail or email to 1BusinessWorld’s Copyright Agent as below:
-Send your mail to:
ATTN: Copyright Agent
285 Fulton Street
New York, NY 10007
-Or send an email to:
ATTN: Copyright Agent
If you believe that a copyright infringement notice has been incorrectly submitted against you, you may submit a Counter-Notice, in line with Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Fill out the Counter-Notice Regarding Claim of Copyright Infringement form, through written communication which contains:
- Your digital or physical signature;
- Identification of the content that was removed or to which access was disabled;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you believe the content removal or access disablement was due to error or misidentification;
- Your full name, email address, postal address, and a statement consenting to the jurisdiction of the Federal District court (i) in the district where your address is if it's within the United States, or (ii) within [1BusinessWorld's jurisdiction location], if your address is outside the United States, agreeing that you will accept process service from the complainant or their authorized representative.
Submit your Counter-Notice to 1BusinessWorld’s Copyright Agent through the mail address or the email address provided above.