Locksmiths Association Northern Ireland (LANI) is a non-profit trade association made by locksmiths for locksmiths. Established in 2021, LANI aims to promote the highest standards of conduct, practice, and materials within the locksmith industry.
With a mission to protect homeowners nationwide, LANI makes it our goal to push for the licensing of locksmiths to be mandatory in Northern Ireland.
Why Prices Vary For Replacing Locks:
How much a locksmith charges to change the locks will vary from locksmith to locksmith in Northern Ireland, the below price factors should be noted when changing the locks:
1. Brand of lock being replaced
2. Standard of lock being changed ( British Standard or Non-BS standard )
– Read our guide to BS3621 British Standard locks here
3. Time of day if out of hours or normal working hours
4. Where you live ( i.e Belfast will be more expensive )
5. Time taken for locksmith to complete job
6. Distance locksmith has to travel
7. Size of company a medium sized retail business has higher costs
So please don’t take this as an exact guide, we always recommend to get at least three quotes from local locksmiths in Northern Ireland.
LANI also aims to disseminate the necessary information to all homeowners across Ireland to assist the country towards a future of safety and security. We provide answers to common questions about everything related to locks and keys.
locksmiths Northern Ireland, Locksmith northern ireland, Belfast Locksmiths